Our role and functions at Pollie
Pollie aids local businesses (SMBs) worldwide in adopting advanced voice AI services through our cloud-based conversational AI platform. Our customers leverage this platform to orchestrate, schedule, and execute phone-based interactions, such as service dialogues, bookings/appointments, and surveys, with their target groups. These interactions utilize artificial intelligence to augment the customer’s human decision-making processes and expand their operational capabilities.
At Pollie, we are dedicated to developing our AI technologies in an ethical and transparent manner.
Pollie is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and collaborates with partners, affiliates, service providers, and customers globally. For additional information, visit the “About Us” section on our website at pollie.ai.
The types of information we gather about you
If you are using Pollie’s Services as an individual on behalf of a business organization that has engaged us, please note that we collect and process your personal information under their direction. In these scenarios, we act as a processor of your personal information, adhering strictly to the instructions provided by the engaging organization. Should you have any queries or concerns regarding the collection and management of your personal data, it is advisable to directly reach out to the respective business organization and consult their privacy policies for more detailed information.
The types of information you provide to us
While utilizing Pollie’s Services, you may be asked to share information on behalf of our customers. This can include details like your name, contact information, and aspects of your relationship with our client. Additionally, you might respond to various inquiries or provide submissions in different formats, including audio recordings. This collection of information is essential for us to deliver our services effectively and is managed with utmost care and confidentiality.
Information we collect in an automated way
At Pollie, we also act as a data controller for your personal data when you visit our website, pollie.ai. During your interaction with our services, we may collect various types of information, including:
Automatic Information Collection:
- When you visit or interact with our services, download content, or communicate with us (like attending a Pollie event or requesting customer support), we automatically gather certain information.
- Device and Computer Information: This includes details about your device, application, or browser type and version, operating system, or time zone setting.
- Content Interaction Data: We track content downloads and playback specifics.
- Service Usage Metrics: This covers usage statistics of our services, occurrence of technical issues, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup data, API calls, and other relevant logs.
- Online Navigation Details: We collect data on your online journey through our website, such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, from, and through pollie.ai, including the date and time; content viewed or searched; page response times; download errors; and interaction details like scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs.
- Contact Information: We record email addresses and phone numbers used to reach out to us.
- Cookies and Identifiers: We gather identifiers and information contained in cookies to enhance user experience and service quality.
This comprehensive collection and processing of information enable us to provide a more tailored and efficient service to our users.
Provided information through our support channels
Pollie.ai’s customer support is an integral part of our Services. If you encounter any issues, you can reach out to our support team. This may involve providing your contact details, a description of the problem, and relevant supporting materials like documentation or screenshots to help us resolve your issue efficiently.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
Pollie may obtain personal information about you from third-party sources. We ensure these parties have your consent or are legally authorized to share your information with us. Our collection focuses on data that enhances our service quality, such as general geolocation details to ascertain the state and country from which you access our site.
Use of collected information
Communication Related to Services: We utilize your contact details to send emails about our Services. This includes arranging interviews, responding to your inquiries and support requests, and providing important updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
Research and Development: Our goal is to continuously enhance our Services. We analyze usage patterns, feedback, and trends to make our Services more efficient, secure, and user-friendly. Insights gained from this analysis may be applied across our Services to foster improvements and new feature development. We may also conduct tests with select users before broadly implementing new features.
Pollie’s Engagement Tools: Our clients may use Pollie’s platform for conversations with their customers, including sending SMS/WhatsApp messages. The frequency of these messages varies, and standard message and data rates may apply. Users can text HELP for assistance or reply STOP to opt out. Please note that delivery delays or failures are not the responsibility of the carriers.
Legal and Business Interests: We may use your information to comply with legal obligations, protect our legal rights, and in situations involving audits, regulatory functions, and business transactions like mergers or acquisitions.
Safety and Security: Your information is vital for us to safeguard against security threats and potential or actual illegal activities, ensuring compliance with our Service policies.
Ways we shares collected data
Who we share with:
- We disclose your personal information to businesses that have engaged us for our Services (our customers).
- Our group companies, affiliates, partners, and service providers involved in hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, payment processing, analysis, and other services may access your information. Their access is strictly for service provision on our behalf and is governed by stringent security and confidentiality measures.
Exceptional circumstances for sharing:
In rare cases, we may share your information with third parties if it’s necessary to:
- Comply with laws, regulations, legal processes, or governmental requests, including national security demands.
- Enforce our agreements, policies, and terms of service.
- Protect the integrity of our products and services.
- Safeguard Pollie, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities.
- Address emergencies where disclosure is believed to be necessary to prevent serious physical harm or in situations where you have consented to such disclosure.
- We do not share mobile information with third parties or affiliates for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Information regarding text message originator opt-in data and consent is not shared with any third parties.
Data storage and security
Retention of Information: We hold onto your personal information as long as there’s a valid reason for it. Once the purpose is fulfilled, we either delete or anonymize your data. If deletion isn’t immediately possible (like in cases where data is stored in backup archives), we ensure that your information is securely stored and segregated from further processing until deletion can be achieved.
Handling Customer Data: When we handle personal information as a data processor for our customers, we adhere strictly to their guidelines as outlined in our service agreements with them regarding data retention.
Security Measures: At Pollie, we employ industry-leading technological and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information. Our security practices are designed to offer robust protection, aligning with the level of risk associated with processing personal data. We continuously update and fortify these measures to ensure the highest level of data protection.
Legal basis for data processing in the EEA
For individuals within the European Economic Area (EEA), Pollie ensures that the collection and processing of your information are grounded in legal bases as per EU laws. The nature of these legal bases varies depending on your usage of our Services:
Service Provision Necessity: We process your data to deliver the Services you engage with. This includes operational needs, customer support, personalization of features, and ensuring the safety and security of the Services.
Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for purposes that align with our legitimate interests, such as research and development, marketing, and safeguarding our legal rights. These interests are carefully balanced against your data protection rights.
Consent: When you provide explicit consent for a specific use of your data, we process your information for that purpose.
Legal Compliance: We may process your data as required to comply with legal obligations.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, though this does not impact the processing that has already occurred. Additionally, where we use your data based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. However, this might affect your ability to use certain Services.
International data transfers
Global Collection and Processing: Pollie collects information on a global scale. We may transfer, process, and store your data outside your country of residence to locations where we or our third-party service providers operate, for the purpose of providing you with our Services. This is subject to specific agreements with customers who have data sovereignty requirements. We employ robust measures to ensure the protection of your data during these transfers.
Your data protection rights
For Individuals Representing Business Organizations: If you are using Pollie’s Services on behalf of a business organization that has engaged our services, and you wish to exercise your data protection rights regarding your personal information, please reach out directly to the relevant business organization. At Pollie, we are committed to assisting both you and the organization in responding to your request, in line with their directives, our service agreements, and prevailing data protection laws.
General Rights Under Our Services and Website: When using our Services and Website, you are entitled to several rights. These include:
- Requesting a copy of your personal information.
- Objecting to our use of your information, including for marketing purposes.
- Requesting the deletion or limitation of your information.
- Asking for your data in a structured, digital format.
Responding to Requests: We diligently respond to all requests from individuals whose information we have collected via our Website and Services, adhering strictly to the relevant data protection regulations. To safeguard your privacy and security, Pollie takes necessary steps to verify your identity before providing access to or modifying your information.
Cookie use on our site
What Are Cookies?
- A cookie is a small text file comprising letters and numbers, stored on your browser or computer’s hard drive.
- We only store non-essential cookies with your explicit consent.
- You have the option to block cookies through your browser settings, allowing you to refuse all or some cookies.
- However, blocking all cookies, including essential ones, might restrict your access to certain parts or functionalities of our site.
- Except for essential cookies, all cookies on our site expire after 2 years.
If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding the use of your personal information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us using the following contact information:
Pollie.ai (Pollie) Commelinstraat 38, 1093 TV Amsterdam, The Netherlands